Friday, October 1, 2010

FOOD: The thirfty oven.



I should call this post adventures in oven land. 

Lets start by confessing that I’m a little thrifty and really don’t like to see things go to waste, and a hot oven  going to waste really make me want to continue baking.

Yes I know its a little funny, I do live in a country with basically no winter, but still the idea of that perfectly pre heated oven going to waste because I don’t have any more cookie dough, just gets to me.

So I become adventurous, Vegetables, bread, quick cakes, toast, fish, you name it I’ve stuck it in the oven, some don’t work out that well, but some if I do say so myself are just brilliant. 

Just yesterday. I finished baking some cookies, and there was my predicament, my oven once more staring at me, almost demanding I do something with that hot oven, suddenly eureka.

I baptized the recipe QQ Quick Quiche; the dish is perfect for breakfast.



Let’s see what you think.


6 slices of white bread (Nature’s Pride country potato bread is perfect for this)
4 eggs
4 slices of ham
¼ Small onion
½ garlic clove
½ stick of butter
1/8 cup of grated parmesan cheese
Pepper
Cream Cheese
Black sesame seeds



Real simple, take fluted pie mold or traditional quiche mold. Non stick or greased, cut white bread to 1 ½ inch squares and place all of it on the mold, on a separate container crack the 4 eggs, beat until perfectly mixed add, onion, garlic and pepper to taste. Make rolls with ham and cut widthwise, deposit curled strips over bread, mix, and slowly pour egg mixture over entire mold sprinkle Parmesan cheese over mixture, cut butter in 5 slices and deposit forming a cross and one on the center.

Bake QQ, until egg sets, about 15 min at 250 deg. Remove, from oven cool slightly and garnish with a spoon full of cream cheese and black sesame seeds over cheese.

Serve hot Yummy.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment